On this week's episode of Rehab45, Gray and Air tackle demolition of various rooms throughout the project to get the house prepped for the total transformation. Gray and Air work together with their partner to configure the layout of the kitchen, lighting and more. Stay tuned to see how the interior transforms and if their original thoughts carry through!
Today's post is an ode to our 1966's home purchase, to the very REAL emotions that come with purchasing your own house and a photo compilation of what it looks like when you buy a house, renovate it and get married all in the same month.
Okay so let's go back in time for a moment and set the scene. The count down to our wedding was on and we had less than 2 months to go before saying "I Do". Gray and I thought we had settled on the idea that we would pursue purchasing a condo in West Lake or South Austin, once the wedding excitement died down. However, we started discussing (okay- kind of obsessing over) other options and we were not quite ready to settle down. So one morning a little over a month and a half left until wedding time, we decided to go look at 3 different properties in our price range.
The first house we looked at was mildly updated but was on a pretty small lot and just didn't have the magic we were looking for, so we moved on to house number two. I wish I could remember more about house number 2, but I can't which is a pretty good indicator we were not very impressed or deeply moved to pursue this property. So onward we went to house number 3. In true Gray fashion, he continued to encourage me to keep an open mind about the third house (as we were driving), even though I had already ruled it out in my mind. Gray has always been great at seeing the potential, especially in real estate and would not take no for an answer. As we were pulling up, I seriously got all the feels.
HUGE lot, one story house, private street, giant trees, it was getting better and better the closer we got.
Once we were parked we (probably mostly me) jumped out of the car, Gray opened up the lock box and we walked inside. I can speak for both of us when I say it was love at first sight. The house was much more spacious then all the condos I had lived in before and while it had outdated wall paper, blue carpet in the bathrooms and a beige wall color (I STRONGLY disliked) it had a whole LOT of potential. I remember FaceTiming my Mom and walking her around the lot and telling her all the things we would do to make this home ours, and after that it was a magical, crazy fast moving blur.
That night we put in an offer on the home (accepted), we entered into our 7 day option period where we had our inspector, plumber, foundation and HVAC guys all come out and give us the low down. With the new information from the various reports, Gray negotiated like a BOSS and bam we were in the fast track lane to closing.
Now let's speed forward to closing day on our home which meant our wedding was less than two weeks away. This is where it gets good and the story is just getting started. Stay tuned for Gray & Air Tell All: When We Bought Our House Pt. 2 how we tackled blue carpet, wall paper from the 80's and much, much more!
On this weeks Gray & Air VLOG watch as Gray discusses contract to close. Gray picks up where we left off from our previous video 5 Simple Steps to Closing. This video talks about what happens after you have found your dream house your under contract. Learn about earnest money, option check, option period and so much more. If you have any questions or want to learn more contact us today!
Please keep in mind this video discusses a general overview of contract to close, but each transaction is unique and there are always variables to consider. Contact Gray & Air (TM) to learn more!
Agent- Gray Adkins, Realtor, GRI
Gray & Air
Powered by HomeCity Real Estate Austi
Hey everyone! If you follow along with us on our blog you might have seen the sneak peek of this gorgeous house, which has now gone live and listed on MLS (Multiple Listing Service). If you're new to the party, we are glad to have you. Today, we would like to share with you 10 things we LOVE about Lajitas Hideaway. There is quite a lot to see but we broke it down to 10 truly noteworthy highlights of this property. We would love to know your favorites! Comment in link below and we hope you enjoy this post!
1. Modern Kitchen with Darling Details: This kitchen boasts smart and thoughtful design with ample storage and low profile appliances. One truly unique aspect is the hand crafted tile backsplash. Yep, you heard right! Each tile you see on the wall was hand crafted to give this modern kitchen a touch of warmth and old world charm.
2. Smart Home: Think of your smart phone as a remote control for this smart home. Need to turn on lights? There's and app. Want to turn on the pool features? There's and app for that. Yeah, feels great to hold the power of your home in your hand. :)
3. Eco-Friendly: Harness the power of the rain in the eco-friendly home. With 8000 gallon rain water tanks that connect to the yards irrigation system, you can truly "Make it rain". Lajitas Hideaway was also designed to be energy efficient with Carrier's- Green Speed Energy Efficient variable speed HVAC system, Insulated Garage doors and a back up water tank supply located in the garage.
4. Natural light: We're suckers for natural light and this home has incredible windows and extra wide glass paneled doors that encourages soft natural light all day long. If you do choose to turn on a light or two, might we suggest the Tom Dixon lighting in the entry way or the Modo Chandelier by Roll and Hill over the dining table.
5. Luxe Magazine approved: We love a good pin worthy bathroom and Luxe Magazine knows good design when they see it. That gorgeous black and white powder bath was featured in the September 2016 issue. See for yourself here: https://issuu.com/sandow-media/docs/az_lx35_digital/246
6. Max Air Trampoline: This in ground trampoline sits on the left side of the yard and invites guests to bounce, jump and flip on it's bouncy surface. What's we found super cool was that it is ground level which make bouncing easy for the whole family. MaxAir describes their products as: "A unique combination of our jumbo-sized super springs and our two-string technology allows the bouncer to jump up to 20 feet high, five times higher than traditional circular black bed trampolines, while making it easier on the athlete's body."
Gray tested, Air approved!
7. Dog Friendly: We love our pups and this house had furry friends in mind with a built in dog door in the laundry room that allows the pups to come in and out as often as they please! Sleek design and thoughtful accessibility for our four legged friends.
8. European White Oak: We are firm believers that the right flooring can truly transform a space and we are gaga over this wide plank, european white oak flooring. This flooring feels timeless- so change your furniture, switch out the rugs, let your style evolve with you and never worry about the floors clashing. Did we mention that the upstairs has rubber dampened sub flooring to keep upstairs feet quiet from downstairs entertaining.
9. Built in Storage- If you are like us you aim to live the minimalist lifestyle but also like stuff, then the storage solutions at Lajitas would be right up your alley. At Lajitas there is large built ins for all your books, trinkets and baskets. There is also several low profile closets with enough storage for wrapping paper, old coats or mementos you just are not quite ready to give up or get rid of. With smart storage like this, items seem purposeful and organized.
10. Designed by Tim McIntyre- Thoughtful design in any house is key! We love the overall feel and design of Lajitas Hideaway created masterfully by Tim McIntrye and Associates.
Hi friends! Apologies for the lag in blog post as of late, but we have been working on a lot of behind the scenes projects in order to gear up for this next month. Today we want to give you a SNEAK PEEK of this beautiful listing that is COMING SOON! *YAY*